 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10314
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:08:27 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Michael Purvis wrote:
Anyhow, I know there was some discussion about the no-fly zone before, and I
wasn't sure if we came to a final conclusion... anyway, I definitely need at
least four studs on either side of the board. If no one else needs this extra
space, I can redesign my drivebase, but it would be nice to have the final word.

I expect most people will need more space, which is why I suggested changing it,
but it's been stated that the posted rules should not be changed at this late
date.

This issue has frustrated me too.  I was there for the original
discussion about what the common area should be.  When we original
discussed it we included extra space to either side of the board.

However Someone didn't draw it that way, so we appear to be stuck with
it even though that's not what we originally decided.

I doubt I'll have the time to rework my dropper so it's going to extend
out too far by 1 to 2 studs.  It will be very difficult to bring it down
to that approximately 1/2 stud clearance required by the current rules.

Derek