 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10320
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:51:24 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft wrote: •  >
You can blame Bruce Sheridan.  He was the one who supplied the original basis
for the graphic during a summary of the game rules.

That said, I think informally we're all going to be aware of and try not to
obstruct people that extend over.

There appears to be a consensus that the clearance is a problem.  So why
keep it informal.  Increase the common space by 6 studs to either side
of the board and the issue goes a way. And it brings us back to what we
original decided.

The problem is I could easily build my robot such that it only backs off
the board by the currently required amount.  And I could make that look
very legitimate from a design point of view so no one could call me a
dink.  This would allow me to win several games by default, and no one
could complain.

I don't want to put a lot of effort into something, which this is going
to take, for it to be rejected because we say the rule is one thing, but
then say we shouldn't follow that rule we should do something else.

I don't see why this is such a big issue to change.  It's an easy rule
to define, we haven't declared the rules final, and there is a
significant group of people who want this changed.

I say we add 6 studs to the common space at the sides of the board.
Problem solved and we are back to what we original decided we were going
to do.

Derek