 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10326
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:46:44 GMT

are saying, why are you penalizing me for starting early on my design?

Let's take a quick tally?

Who, who is entering, wants a six dot space on the sides of the common board?
Does anyone wish to object to the six dot increase?

I have two robots.  Both conform to the current published rules.

Two weeks ago (before the big holiday break) I asked about increasing the
spacing, thinking people may be spending some holiday time building for rtl15,
and I wanted to suggest the rules get changed before people get too far.

I asked a couple times if anyone else was having the same problem.

NOONE spoke up.

The powers-that-be made a decision to keep the rules as posted.

That's fine.  I spent most of the two weeks re-building one of my robots, so it
would conform to the rules.  It's almost back to where it was two weeks ago.
(not quite)

In addition, I built a second robot (sue me).  If the rules are changed now, I
will have to rebuild that robot, because it does not move six studs back from
the left side of the board.

The first rebuild was my fault.  I didn't read the rules well enough.  I tried
to make everyone aware of it, so they wouldn't have the same problem.

Now, do I get penalized for starting early on my design?