 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10322
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:12:01 GMT

I don't want to put a lot of effort into something, which this is going
to take, for it to be rejected because we say the rule is one thing, but
then say we shouldn't follow that rule we should do something else.

I don't see why this is such a big issue to change.  It's an easy rule
to define, we haven't declared the rules final, and there is a
significant group of people who want this changed.

I say we add 6 studs to the common space at the sides of the board.
Problem solved and we are back to what we original decided we were going
to do.

The rules were set out early without any spacing on the side.  For whatever
reason (Bruce, me, otherwise), that is the ruleset that was posted.  You had
several weeks to complain, and no one did until not too long ago.

Since then, people may be expecting to be able to build up to the side.  If you
make an official change now, all the people who may have built up to the side
are saying, why are you penalizing me for starting early on my design?

Hence, my lack of eagerness to change the rule to enforce a larger space.

Let's take a quick tally?

Who, who is entering, wants a six dot space on the sides of the common board?
Does anyone wish to object to the six dot increase?

Calum