 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10324
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:20:07 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I can accept that I'm a dink.  Mainly, because I play within the rules.
Whenever I do anything unusual, I'm a dink.  That's fine.

If I build a robot that lives right by the common area, I'm a dink.  That's
fine.

As it turns out, I've been trying to see how many plys I can make within the 20
minute time limit.  Right now I'm at 8 plys in 15 minutes, and I'm working
towards 9 plys.

So, I'm a dink.  That's fine.

I also have a robot that sits pretty close to the left side of the board.
Chances are, Derek and Michael will have a problem with it, if their robots
don't conform to the current rules.  So, I'm a dink, again.

This is why I have a problem with this.  This is such an easily defined
rule that it shouldn't be possible to be called a dink for compiling
with it.

Several people have said they need space at the side of the board.  We
originally discussed that there should be common space at the side of
the board.  The only reason we don't have space at the side of the board
is because of an error in translation when the diagram was created.
What we should be doing is correcting the error, and not calling people
dinks for building something within the rules.

Derek