 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10331
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:30:19 GMT

Ok, you're going to have to explain this to me.

ok, I'll use small words

I can accept that I'm a dink.  Mainly, because I play within the rules.
Whenever I do anything unusual, I'm a dink.  That's fine.

no. I've never said that.

If I build a robot that lives right by the common area, I'm a dink.  That's
fine.

yes i said this..... cause you cant grasp "the spirit" of the game.  to have fun.

the sheer fact that your an experienced builder and can do fantastic things.....
wait, lets see if i can re-phrase this.

(garbled yoda voice)

"...with great building power, comes great responsibility..."

(end yoda voice)

if some unheard of guy shows up, all proud of his "wall robot up the side" robot,
we'd cut him slack, and NOT call him a dink.

BUT you, young jedi, are smart, and know MANY ways to build robots.  AND knowing all
this, if you follow all the rules (to the letter) and still build a wall up the side
styled robot, then YES, I'll call you a dink.

case in point.  for the rice game, poor sweet simple greg H, shows up with a robot
that was not in the rules of the game.  (mainly cause he was mis led by an earlier
post of having sub games)   but we let him play, and all was good.

it was to have a good time.

when we did king of the hill,  how many times did we TRY to let that one team
qualify. I mean according to the rules we should have booted them out of there after
attempt # 2, but we let them try....

NOW, the flip side is that, if Bruce, or I, or You were to try a similar stunt we'd
be called dinks.  its cause we now better.

As it turns out, I've been trying to see how many plys I can make within the 20
minute time limit.  Right now I'm at 8 plys in 15 minutes, and I'm working
towards 9 plys.

So, I'm a dink.  That's fine.

now your just being a goof.

:)

all i wanted to know was how long it takes you to do ?? plys.
the easy answer looks like 15 min to do 8 plys.

I also have a robot that sits pretty close to the left side of the board.
Chances are, Derek and Michael will have a problem with it, if their robots
don't conform to the current rules.  So, I'm a dink, again.

but we talked about this.  its not like its your ONLY robot. your working on, or have
access to maybe 3 or 4 robots.

many people (myself included) will be happy with a working scanner.  and your upset
cause i call you a dink cause your ~SECOND~ robot is not  in the spirit of the
game.....

steve, your such a dink.

:)

BTW when you come up this time, we'll figure our were to have dinner after the game.
I don't know if I want Mel's

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.