 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10317
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:11:19 GMT

Michael Purvis wrote:

Regarding the timing, Have we made a final decision about how much time each
player gets?

no, not really.

as it stands we are still at the 3 minute mark.  (per move) and 40 per (entire)
game....

BUT it looks like people really wont use all that.

steve, at a 'deep' ply, how long do you need?

if you say that you ply to the max min allowed I'll call you a dink.

Anyhow, I know there was some discussion about the no-fly zone before, and I
wasn't sure if we came to a final conclusion... anyway, I definitely need at
least four studs on either side of the board. If no one else needs this extra
space, I can redesign my drivebase, but it would be nice to have the final word.

final word (from calum) was that the rules stated 0 studs on the "left"

BUT the dink rule applies. of the 5 people entering robots I don't think people will
build walls up the side of the game board.

NOW, if you permanently need that 4 studs then you have a problem. BUT if you need
to edge into that space to drop a chip, then your ok.

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.