 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10323
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:21:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
if you say that you ply to the max min allowed I'll call you a dink.

Ok, you're going to have to explain this to me.
I can accept that I'm a dink.  Mainly, because I play within the rules.
Whenever I do anything unusual, I'm a dink.  That's fine.

Let me explain why some may call you a dink.  I've somehow gained the impression
that you tend to look for loopholes and exploit them, which is contrary to the
general outlook of this organization.  People try to keep things informal, yet
that behaviour (perceived correctly or not) seems to be in direct opposition to
that.  And you know better.

I'll give you an example:  Pulling the battery up at BrickFest 2003.  It's very
obvious that the hard part about PipeRacers was to build something that could
pull the weight up a pipe.  That's the challenge.  You raised a stink about not
being allowed to leave your power source on the table, quoting rules etc.

You whined like a petulant child about "But it's not stated in the rules!", yet
you very obviously knew you'd be called on it, because you built a provision for
carrying your battery box anyways.

Whine and complain, try and exploit, but have a backup plan in case that doesn't
work.

I honestly have some serious problems with that behaviour, because it tarnishes
in my mind what the group is about.  And for that, you are labelled a dink.

Calum