 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10308
Re: ply vs turn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:28:23 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

Ties.   Derek brought this up.  Do we need to think about ties?

Here are the problems I see with ties:

1. I think we are going to see a lot of ties.
2. If two robots tie, they are very likely to tie exactly the same way
if they play again.

Actually, after playing MANY games of Connect-four, I'm starting to think ties
will not be a problem.

I think the game is complex enough that no two people will take exactly the same
approach, and one will turn out better than another.

If two do take exactly the same approach, they should tie.