 Off-Topic / Fun / 4994
Re: Yet more Anime News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 06:26:44 GMT

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:41:56 GMT, "Jeff Stembel"
<aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote:

cartoon block.

*sigh...*  Someone apparently misinterpreted a Fox representative.  He just
mentioned Escaflowne, and that got out as an official statement...  However,
the press confrence this was at was about Fox Family getting Detective Conan.
I saw the movie at Otakon last year, and it was great.  It ran late (because of
the previous show) and Rurou Ni Kenshin was playing after it, so the theatre
filled up in the last fifteen minutes of the movie, and the entire theatre
clapped for the ending.  :)

Aaah, I thought it sounded too good to be true.  Esca is a bit violent
for "kids" programming anyway.  I'd more expect it to be on Cartoon
Network if it shows up anywhere.