 Off-Topic / Fun / 4805
Re: Yet more Anime News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 02:43:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kya Morden writes:
On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 06:38:50 GMT, "Jeff Stembel"
<aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote:

Well, I remember Totoro being on the list of new stuff (in hopes that
I might one day see it in the theater and that it's my favourite
Miyazaki film).

I'm hoping Laputa makes it to the big screen (there have been some indicatons
it might), as that is my favorite Miyazaki film.  I hope the liscense is
extended to other Ghibli films such as Whisper of the Heart.  *That* is an
*excellent* film.

Jeff

Both of those would be very cool.  When I found out that Mononoke was
playing here I managed to see it twice in one week.  I would of seen
it more (probably around 10+) but that was the last week they were
showing it. *sighs*  And that was such an awesome movie too.

I saw it three times, at three different theatres.  :)  The first time was a
week before the premier at a special screening at the Freer Gallery here in DC.
I was the first person in line.  :)  Then I saw it next two theatres that got
it in the area.  :)

Jeff