 Off-Topic / Fun / 4620
4619  |  4621
Subject:
Anime News, and Final Fantasy: The Movie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:01:14 GMT

I just thought you all might be interested in some recent tidbits of Anime
news.

First, Gundam Wing started airing on Cartoon Network yesterday, during their
Toonami block, at 5:30.  In addition, they are showing the *UNCUT* episode at
midnight!

Second, the Toonami block will be expanded to 3 hours on June 5, with the
addition of 66 episodes of Tenchi Muyo!.  It is assumed this will be both TV
series, the 13 OAVs, and the Mihoshi Special, but Cartoon Network hasn't
confirmed that yet.

Third, Kids WB! will be getting Card Captor Sakura (to be called Cardcaptors)
this fall.

Last, but certainly not least, Sony has launched the official Website for Final
Fantasy: The Movie.  Included are pictures, info on the voice actors and two
trailers (really just segments of animation).  One trailer will be updated
monthly, and the other weekly.  By far the prettiest CGI I've ever seen.  :)
I'm not sure if it is my net connection or the site, but it seems rather slow
right now...  :(  Anyway, check it out!  It is very cool!  Oh, and their Flash
section works very well, from what I've seen.  :)
http://www.finalfantasy.com/

"Thallid Lord" Jeff