 Off-Topic / Fun / 4664
Re: RPG Discussion (Was: Anime News, and Final Fantasy: The Movie)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:12:22 GMT

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:32:23 GMT, "Jeff Stembel"
<aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote:

Aaaahhhh!!!  Pokemon!!  Keep it away from me!!  :)

Oh come on, you've got to love obnoxiously cute anime animals.  (okay,
well, I do anyway). =P  I really freak out kids at TRU when I sit
there and use all the Pokemon's names without having to look at the
box or anything.

I'm at the end of 5, but I need to leave the end are and try to get the rest of
the Blue spells.  Stupid Stingray won't show up!!  I want Big Guard...  :(
I have a game in six thats close to the begining, maybe 5 hours in or so...  I
feel no rush to finish, as I've beaten the SNES version, but I *would* like to
see the FMV and images.  :)

Ugh, blue spells.  I've never particularly liked the idea of fighting
monsters, waiting for them to cast a rare spell, THEN by the magic of
chance, sometimes actually learn said spell.  It's an ever more
annoying version of leveling up to me.

In fact, in FF5 I've been running around with a Geomancer/Summoner, a
Time Mage/Theif, a Red Mage, and then a Sorcerer/Knight/Samurai/Ninja
(whatever subskill I liked at the moment).

Tactics Ogre,

D'oh!  I forgot about Tactics Ogre!  It is kinda annoying to level the
characters...

I found the best way to level up in that is to go into training mode,
then, set both teams to computer controlled, then let them have at it
and go do something else for a half hour or so.