 Off-Topic / Fun / 4637
Re: Anime News, and Final Fantasy: The Movie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:27:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:

Especially with CG that pretty!  Did you see the blinking eye?  That is just
amazing!

Not yet. My computer is going through security mode craziness right now,
I need to find my Quicktime exe again. I have seen the stills, though.
Simply awesome! I heard it takes like a week or two for one second or
some ridiculous time to render all that. No wonder they have been
working on it for what, two years now?

I have a scanned want ad for 3d modelers that includes that eye.  The image is
over a meg!  :)  Dunno when they started working on it, but two years sounds
good.  :)

*gasp!*  I put all other games aside to beat FFVIII.  :)

I watched my fiancee's brother / roommate / coworker play it, so I have
seen a tremendous amount of it, but it is next, I think.

:)  I especially love (besides that FMV.  I'd tell ya which was my fav, but it
might be a spoiler) the guardian force animations, like Cactrot, Tonberry,
Bahamut, and Diablos.  :)  For anyone who's seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, d'ya
think Diablos looks like Eva Unit 1?  :)

BTW, you'd better get crackin' on FFVIII.  FFIX is being released this summer
in Japan, and this October here in the US.  ;)  Not to mention FFX will arrive
in spring 2001(Japan) and FFXI will arrive *worldwide* in the fall of 2001.  :)

Of course I wasn't
really playing any other games at the time.  ;)  Right now, I need to set
aside my Lego so I can finish Grandia and FF Anthology, then go pick
up/preorder Seiken Densetsu IV: Legend of Mana, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile,
SaGa Frontier II, Front Mission III, Legend of Dragoon, Lunar 2, Dragon
Warrior VII, Breath of Fire IV, Chrono Cross, and Vandal Hearts 2.
Aaaahhh!!!  Too many good games!!!  :)

Indeed! Seiken D. IV is Secret of Mana (Looked at title again : Legend
of Mana, D'oh!) , correct? One I am looking forward to!

Yup!  SD2 (Secret of Mana) is one of my favorite SNES games, right behind FFIV.
The soundtrack for Legend of Mana should be arriving here at my house any day
now...  :)

Valkrie Profile (Is that the Robotech one?,

No, this is a Norse themed game.  To quote from RPGamer.com:
"Valkyrie Profile will be based on Norse mythology. Players play the role of a
valkyrie set out to collect and raise dead souls. These souls are then sent to
battle the gods in Valhalla."

Anyway, it is a *very* pretty game, and the battles look cool.  :)

SaGa Frontier II (I have not played the first one, Dave, my roommate,etc said
it was bad),

That's what I heard, too.  It did well in Japan, though.  :)  However, the SF2
has gotten much better reviews.  And It has really cool hand-drawn backgrounds!
:)

Lunar 2(Have not played Silver Star story as of yet, I probably will one day),

You know they stopped production of it, right?

Vandal Hearts 2, (I don't know yet, I have not played the first one, they both
look pretty hard!)

Actually, the first one really wasn't too hard.  A lot of fun, and the spells
were terrific!  :)  Too bad I lost my disc...  :(

Chrono Cross, definitely,

Too bad we won't be getting the PSX version of Chrono Trigger, with Akira
Toriyama's excellent anime cutscenes.  :(

as well as Gran Turismo 2, TM 4, Vigilante 8 2nd Offense, etc.

I really only like RPGs, mostly 'cause they are the one type (besides strategy)
that I don't suck at.  :)

I got about 4 or 5 years of games to play right now, not to mention all the
LEGO stuff I want to do. Sigh, well, at least I won't be bored right up until
I die! :)

Don't forget the PSX2!!  :)  I want to be buried with all my stuff, on the
off-chance we *can* take it with us when we die!  ;)

P.S.  A great site to get RPG videogame News is: <http://www.rpgamer.com/>  :)

Jeff, "Thallid Lord"
ICQ #66153738
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/