 Off-Topic / Fun / 4764
Re: Yet more Anime News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:40:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kya Morden writes:
On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:33:13 GMT, "Jeff Stembel"
<aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote:

Well, I got some more Anime News for ya!

First, Fox Kids is getting The Vision of Escaflowne!!  It will be added to
their Saturday Morning Lineup, most likely this fall.

They're getting Escaflowne?!?!  *total shocked and boggled look*

Yup...  Pretty cool, huh?

Second, Anchor Bay Entertainment has aquired two high profile anime titles
for release this December: Angel's Egg, directed by Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in
the Shell) and Character Designs by Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy, Vampire
Hunter D) and Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Completely
Uncut!).

Um, are you sure about Anchor Bay, I thought Buena Vista had the
distribution rights for most if not all of Miyazaki's films.

That's what the news article said.  I don't remember Nausicaa being on the list
of films Buena Vista got.  It was already liscensed here, like Totoro, so maybe
they couldn't liscense it.  Hmmm...  Actually, now that I think about it, I
believe I read that somewhere...

Jeff