 Off-Topic / Fun / 10255
Re: Trademarks and misspellings.... oh my! (WAS:Re: Where did the lego's go?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 04:37:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Allan Bedford writes:

Guess I must have.  Since there wern't any smilies in the two messages by
the two Daves (to which I was replying) I took it to mean that the
conversation was meant to be taken at face value.  My reply, on the other
hand, contained 4 smilies... to indicates it was not meant to be taken too
seriously.  :)

As well, I directed follow-ups to my reply to off-topic.fun.  To further
drive home the point that I wasn't trying to be heavy-handed or "serious" in
my reply.  So maybe some of my humorous undertones were overlooked as well.  :)

Man, I had no idea anyone EVER took what I said seriously.  : )  Just so
everyone knows, whenever I post ANYTHING on the internet (here, there,
anywhere), it's not meant to be taken too seriously.  It's just the internet,
and I've never met anyone I'm replying to, so how serious could I really be
anyway.  I am glad you directed these things to the off topic catagory, 'cause
they're WAY off from where this string started.
    David