 General / 41285
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:19:31 GMT

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

This may be a regional thing.  I've noticed that in my area (Edmonton, AB)
that the lower end shops (Zellers & Walmart) are tending to have less Lego
and more Megabloks.  Zellers gives them about equal billing, Walmart is • all
over the map.  The one nearest me has diddly squat of either, others I • have
access to tend to have more Lego than Megabloks, but the actual volumes • vary
wildly.  (~1 shelfspace for both to 1/2 an aisle of each).

My local Walmart in N. California has one side of an aisle for building kits
with approximately the following makeup:

1/2 LEGO
1/3 MegaBloks
1/6 Other (K'Nex, Lincoln Logs, etc...)

I've definitely seen MegaBloks grab more and more shelf space at this
particular Walmart, so I'm not really viewing the original post as a troll.

Mark