 General / 41237
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:15:30 GMT

    I'm curious: what part of the country (I'm assuming you're in the USA.) do
you live in?  I see more than my fair share of Mega-Blocks here in Indiana, but
I haven't seen any kinds of take-overs like you described.  I feel badly for
your state/region where this is happening.  You might want to consider moving.
    Even though it can take forever, I always go through every single piece
doing a stud logo scan whenever I buy LEGO via ebay.  Any off brand pieces that
I find are mauled and/or melted in full view of my True Collection and then
thrown away.
    LEGO has and should continue to stand the test of time.  LEGO sets
may have higher prices, but LEGO pieces are extremely durable, and patents
allow them to stay at a higher quality level.  You get what you pay for.  +$ =
+product  (Haunting Danish voice whispers "Only the best is good enough.")  At
least we know that LEGO fans, regardless of age, are a notch above the rest.
Have you ever heard of any Mega-Block clubs?  : )
    David