 General / 41254
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:41:48 GMT

In Vancouver (Canada) at the Toys R Us they put LEGO on one side of the
asile and the Megablocks on the other. Of course it's someone from the LEGO
who sets up the display, so they wouldn't settle with anything less. In my
experience in buying used lots from Value Village, kids or parents throw the
Megablocks right in with the LEGO. As appaling as it might seem to you or me
people will describe even non compatible bricks a "LEGOS". I spent most of
my energy weeding out this stuff from the bags I buy, discouraging me to the
point where that is as far as my sorting goes (I throw everying LEGO into
bins.. So far I have Dec., Jan., and Feb.) I have copy paper box of
Megablocks that I am afriad to donate as It would most likely come back to
haunt me on the shelf of my local thrift store :)