 General / 41294
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:12:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
"Jason Haskamp" <Niccalo@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:HAuJr8.11p@lugnet.com...

<snip dramatic story>

I have to say this sounds like a bit of a troll to me, but I appear to be
biting to a degree.  Where in the heck do you live?  What are "the local
shops" you speak of?  I've never seen Mega Bloks out number LEGO at any
store.

Bare with me...A Troll?  But it has been some time since I was a regular
reader of any newsgroups.  I was leary of nameing stores in my original
post, but since I have turned up somewhat of a Hornets nest here, I will say
Target, Meijer, and Toys-R-Us; in that order.  I was able to stop by another
Meijer last night and found a slightly better selection than the one at the
previous Meijer, but even there the MB brand is moving in and has an entire
shelf that once housed lego dedicated to it.  Even their ordering process
has dwindled.  Usually their shipments come in Tuesday on the midnight
shift, I can generally stop by sometime that night and get the newest
additions to the shelf and have not seen a large order of Lego's in Months.
I will note that even the newly built Walmart does not have the shelf space
dedicated that some of the others do for my area.

An odd post considering this looks to be one of the greatest years for LEGO
in a long time.

[ j o n ] <--  fearless enemy of the LEGO doomsayer
--
http://zemi.net
http://the-shipyard.com