 General / 41297
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:23:34 GMT

Allen this is exactly the point that I was trying to make.  It seems that at
one point time the choice was lego, and only lego, so those of us that have
been building for years already have a history with one product vs. another.
The MB product in my opinion is just an intruder.  The kids today are
looking for the flashy boxes that MB produces compared to the quality we
know already exists.  It was just disheartening to know that as a Lego
enthusist that the product I know and love is looseing it's shelf space in
the bigger stores that we frequent.  And don't get me wrong I have ordered
from Lego Direct, but why would I also pay shipping and handling charges for
something I can take a short trip to the local toy store and pick up there?
Now it's almost looking like I have no choice unless one of the big stores
makes a push to order more sets.  Maybe all of this is just a pride issue to
me but it still bothers me nonetheless...

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:

Here's the way I look at it.... my Zellers store happens to be right next to
the grocery store I visit once or twice a week.  Since I'm already there, I
often go into the Zellers store.  I know there won't be any selection of
LEGO, but I'm a glutton for punishment, what can I say.  Oddly, even though
I'm on the web daily, I rarely go to the LEGO.com website.  I might stop in
there once a month.... or less.  So... lots of LEGO on a website I don't
like to visit... and hardly any LEGO in a store which I frequent often.  Am
I the only LEGO shopper with a routine like this?  Am I the only one in the
world who still wants to buy LEGO in a brick and mortar store?  Apparently so.

Regards,
Allan B.
(returning to practicing my deep breathing exercises - "they're only
bricks... no one cares if we buy them or not... they're only bricks....")