 General / 41510
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:43:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Gregory writes:

I forgot to mention something interesting the last time I posted to this
thread.  I work at a hardware/department store, and we sell Mega Bloks, but no
LEGOS.  We've had bulk buckets of Mega Bloks since before October.  We didn't
sell them at Christmas, so the 300 or so buckets went on clearance.  We STILL
can't sell them at clearance prices!  (The same amount of LEGO at that price
would've been gone in about 2 weeks.)

  Perhaps you've seen the miles of aisles at Toys R Us chock full of Galidor
and Jack Stone merchandise, which don't vanish from the shelves even at deep
(like 80%) discount.

Just yesterday the store manager told us
to wrap them up on a pallet and put them in storage since they were a
nonselling item that was just taking up space.

  Where do you work, which set # was it, how much were you selling it for on
clearance, and what's the minimum your company is willing to sell them for
now?  And what hardware store stocks a sufficient toy section to support a
300-bucket MegaBloks section?

  I love anecdotal stories like this.  Especially when they involve data
directly in contrast to my own experience.

Oh yeah, and Mega Blok can't even spell "Block" right.

  Since it's a brand name, I would say that *you* are misspelling "Bloks"
rather than Ritvik misspelling "Blocks."

All in fun...
     Dave!