 General / 41277
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:06:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Haskamp writes:

Jason,

If you are from the Detroit area, come to the Michlug meeting Saturday. We
would love to meet another AFOL

Lester

Detroit, Michigan

"David "Fuzzy" Gregory" <crazylegoman@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    I'm curious: what part of the country (I'm assuming you're in the • USA.) do
you live in?  I see more than my fair share of Mega-Blocks here in • Indiana, but
I haven't seen any kinds of take-overs like you described.  I feel badly • for
your state/region where this is happening.  You might want to consider • moving.
    Even though it can take forever, I always go through every single • piece
doing a stud logo scan whenever I buy LEGO via ebay.  Any off brand pieces • that
I find are mauled and/or melted in full view of my True Collection and • then
thrown away.
    LEGO has and should continue to stand the test of time.  LEGO sets
may have higher prices, but LEGO pieces are extremely durable, and patents
allow them to stay at a higher quality level.  You get what you pay for. • +$ =
+product  (Haunting Danish voice whispers "Only the best is good enough.") • At
least we know that LEGO fans, regardless of age, are a notch above the • rest.
Have you ever heard of any Mega-Block clubs?  : )
    David