 Off-Topic / Fun / 10241
Re: Trademarks and misspellings.... oh my! (WAS:Re: Where did the lego's go?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:34:21 GMT

Like 'LEGO'?  ;)

Is it misspelled or just invented?  Either way, it's not a word that's
likely to be recognized by many scholars as being spelled correctly.

DUDE! Do your lego research!  'LEGO' was originally derived by Ole Kirk
Christianson as a contraction of the Danish phrase 'leg godt,' meaning,
"play well."  However, 'lego' is also latin for 'to put together.'

<snip>
That's why the LEGO company isn't called 'The Plastic Brick' company.  :)

Actually, lego was originally a wooden toy company in Denmark.  Somewhere
along the way someone bought a plastic injection machine and they haven't
been the same since...

and somehow i think you've missed the humorous/ironic undertones to the
thread. ;o)

<snip>