 General / 41278
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:02:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Haskamp writes:

<snip>

This may be a regional thing.  I've noticed that in my area (Edmonton, AB)
that the lower end shops (Zellers & Walmart) are tending to have less Lego
and more Megabloks.  Zellers gives them about equal billing, Walmart is all
over the map.  The one nearest me has diddly squat of either, others I have
access to tend to have more Lego than Megabloks, but the actual volumes vary
wildly.  (~1 shelfspace for both to 1/2 an aisle of each).

TRU on the other hand has scads of Lego, recently re-organized and given
about 1/3 of the shelf space in their new "Discovery Zone" of
building/educational toys.  Megabloks is relegated to a couple shelf spaces
across the way.

YMMV.  A lot, it seems.

James