 General / 41261
Re: Where did the lego's go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:21:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Haskamp writes:
On one of my many recent ventures to the local shops I have noticed
something that seems to be happening almost universally.  Lego's are
disappearing.

I was expecting to get to the end of your long message and see "it was all
a dream", since much of it seems pretty fanciful to me.

Here in San Francisco every TRU and Target has *plenty* of shelf-feet of
Lego; several Targets even have an entire half-aisle still, here in
February, which is unusual: typically they shrink back to 10-12 shelf feet
for spring and summer.  When the Orient and Basketball sets arrived, there
were dozens and dozens of the sets at TRU, including a nice big display up
front during Christmas.

MB has never cracked more than 6 or 8 shelf-feet at Target; they've done
well at TRU, but then they always have: there's ALWAYS been a market for
cheap clones, I don't see anything that's changed in that regard.

Kevin