 General / 41236
Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:05:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
Okay, so the other day I was packing up
a few projects including my recent dragon
for safekeeping, when suddenly a thought
crossed my mind. (maybe I should just tear
this thing apart for the pieces.) Of course,
I shrugged off the thoguht and decided to
write this simple poll instead.

Anyway, here's the simple question. Do
you keep your MOCs together after posting
them, or do you scrap them for parts and
build something else?

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=141

I'd like to hear your comments.

Ignoring the flawed poll question, and jumping straight to the comments...

I do always scrap my MOCS for pieces, although it often takes a while. I
think that's one of the major beauties of building with LEGO rather than
other media... you can rebuild and re-use (and improve).

Reusing lets you use rare pieces on multiple MOCs, saves the house from
getting too cluttered, and saves the bank balance from getting too low.

If it's particularly outstanding or consists of parts I rarely use (or have
*lots* of) it'll last longer, but in the end all MOCs are just parts for
other MOCs.

Cheers

Richie