 General / 41252
Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:08:51 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
Okay, so the other day I was packing up
a few projects including my recent dragon
for safekeeping, when suddenly a thought
crossed my mind. (maybe I should just tear
this thing apart for the pieces.) Of course,
I shrugged off the thoguht and decided to
write this simple poll instead.

Anyway, here's the simple question. Do
you keep your MOCs together after posting
them, or do you scrap them for parts and
build something else?

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=141

I'd like to hear your comments.

I'm with David. I don't know what "yes" means. The better answers might • have
been

- I never build MOCS so the poll doesn't apply to me
- Keep them together
- scrap them for parts
- Keep them together for some significant period then scrap them
- Some of each, it depends
- Something else not listed as an answer

Just a bare "yes" doesn't make sense as an answer.

To all Poll writers:

You might want to consider running your poll question and the answers by
others (your friends via email or chat, or perhaps here via post) to see • if
they hang together, before you create the poll. I'm guilty of this too, my
polls are far from poerfect, but it just seems that with the • irrevocableness
of LUGNET polls, you really want to try to get them right on the first • try.

Yes, I know, polls are just for fun, don't have real meaning, etc. But why
do them at all if you're not going to try to get them to make *some*
sense?

Lar (and others) did bring up a good point.  I certainly cannot give a
straight yes or no answer either.  I will say this much, Lar's ''- Keep them
together for some significant period then scrap them'' would best suit me.

Heck, after spending 2 1/2 mo. buiding that bridge for BW, I don't plan on
ripping it all apart for quite some time ;-)

Adr.