 General / 41263
Re: New Poll, do you keep or scrap MOCs for parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I'm with David. I don't know what "yes" means.

Geez, I knew it! Another poll of mine
torn apart because of the wording.

All because you didn't trial run it first.

But I have to ask, more fundamentally... Why even have a poll at all? the
answers we've seen so far seem open ended, every person that's posted in
response has had a quite interesting story about how they do things, much
more info there than just a yes/no or keep/scrap answer. You could just have
asked the question open endedly and had a great thread.

I'm not going to sit here and waste
my time with more lecturing on poll
etiquette, so forget about it and move on.

But no... Instead of having a good thread with friendly discussion, you're
apparently going to act petulant and try to start a brawl because several
people (not just me, I'm just the one you flare back at for whatever reason)
tried to be helpful and give you constructive feedback.

If there's indeed lecturing on etiquette that you need, it appears to be a
bit more fundamental than just narrowly focused on polls. But you'll have to
get that from someone else, not me. I can't be bothered.

- I never build MOCS so the poll doesn't apply to me

Okay, I don't see why anyone would be
on lugnet if they didn't build MOCs.
Everyone I've known who's picked up
a brick has built some sort of creation.
I don't see why someone would post to a
lego forum if they never build.

Well, you may want to widen your experience a bit. There are a number of
people that use LUGNET that never build MOCs at all, they're collectors, or
historians, or just don't feel comfortable (for whatever reason) in doing so.

It's a foreign notion to me, and to most everyone else too, I am sure, never
building a MOC... but please don't belittle them out of hand for how they
choose to enjoy the hobby, or how they choose to use LUGNET.

As for my own answer, I haven't scrapped a MOC I liked yet. Sometimes I'll
scrap intermediate versions (and I tend to generate a lot of them) but never
finals. I usually keep the intermediates around too if they're halfway
presentable. Usually I'm glad I did... I've used my intermediate PCC
versions before in presentations about the design process.