 Off-Topic / Fun / 10254
Re: Dune (was: Which was better? was: Excellent summation of truths and falsehoods about...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:54:18 GMT

He who controls the spice controls the universe? Or no?

Was the movie with Sting better than the William Hurt 'Made for TV' • mini-series?

I liked the mini-series better myself--the 'thopers alone!

Though Jean Juc was in the movie--"I thought you were dead" :)

The Lynch movie captured the atmosphere much, much, much better though it
certainly has it's own array of faults.  I couldn't finish the
miniseries, I hated it so much!  Really, the book is too complicated to easily
convert to motion picture.  Just read it.  And again.  And again.  Then read
the rest of them.  And then wait a year read the whole series again.

And take a pass on the new ones coauthored by his kid, they're lame.

Chris

I got 50ish pages into 'Children of Dune' and absolutely hated it.  I
thought that Dune and CoD were written by two completely different people.
Then I went and read Foundation all over again and thought that this would
make a great mini-series.

But then again, I just finished DragonLance, and am now inspired to re-read
Eddings...

Dave K