 Off-Topic / Debate / 19723
19722  |  19724
Subject:
Excellent summation of truths and falsehoods about our little war
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:42:13 GMT

Pitched at students, it's still a good summation of a lot of the arguements
flying around. It's also a good scorecard you can to use to evaluate the
players here and their relative grips on reality.  (note that RM fails point
3 badly)

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-goldblatt032303.asp

Note that after 9 points that the author reasons about (on all of which, I
agree with his assessment of falsehood/truth, for those keeping score), the
author's point 10 is (in part) "Conclusion. Nothing you've just read proves
that war with Iraq is either morally justified or strategically wise."
(which I agree with too)

Most of the NRO writers came out thinking that it IS morally justified and
IS strategically wise... I came out thinking only the first part, it's
morally justified.... but neither morally required, nor strategically wise.