 Off-Topic / Fun / 10252
Re: Dune (was: Which was better? was: Excellent summation of truths and falsehoods about...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:21:51 GMT

The Lynch movie captured the atmosphere much, much, much better though it
certainly has it's own array of faults.

  I'm a big Lynch fan, so it was weird for me to see Jeffrey Beaumont riding
a big worm.  I like a lot of the movie, but I've never been able to get
through the books, I'm afraid.

I couldn't finish the miniseries, I hated it so much!

  Something about William Hurt fills me with such aching depression that I
can't watch him in anything.  I didn't catch any of the miniseries, so I
can't comment otherwise.

     Dave!