 Off-Topic / Debate / 26829
Re: Ya wanna talk about legislating morality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 19:51:59 GMT

snip

   But then we are like the blind leading the blind; trying to navigate in a storm at sea, without a compass. Truth rings free, and respectful, honest, and humble people should recognize it.

JOHN

Humble people don’t go around telling other people that they have to start taking the ‘specks out of their eyes’, especially via legislation.

And honest people realize that we’re all flawed, and that it’s probably better to ‘live and let live’ than to enforce some narrow version of morality on everyone.

And respect? That’s a double edged sword right there. I’m not seeing much respect for personal preference from the legislators who were the start of this thread.

Dave K