 Off-Topic / Debate / 26783
26782  |  26784
Subject:
Ya wanna talk about legislating morality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:07:23 GMT

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/26/eveningnews/main691106.shtml

"
Republican Alabama lawmaker Gerald Allen says homosexuality is an unacceptable
lifestyle. As CBS News Correspondent Mark Strassmann reports, under his bill,
public school libraries could no longer buy new copies of plays or books by gay
authors, or about gay characters.
"

Here's the bit I really liked--

"
"I don't look at it as censorship," says State Representative Gerald Allen. "I
look at it as protecting the hearts and souls and minds of our children."
"

For the love of all that's holy and pure--Do it for the chil'rins!!!!!!

First, I can't believe that this guy got elected 'in the freeest country in the
world' whilst advocating the curtailment of the First Ammendment.  I thought
Alabamians were all advocaters of dat dar Cons'i'u'n.

Ban 'some' Shakespeare?  Tennesee Williams?  K, well then.  Have at it!

Dave K