 Off-Topic / Debate / 23370
Re: Renegade Republicans (was re: To change the tune...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:41:27 GMT

   Not at all. I’m just acknowledging that there is a fine line. And those renagade Republicans will be harshly dealt with;-)

G H W “I never met a spending bill I didn’t like” Bush is the renegade Republican, my friend. USD 500B deficits as far as the eye can see, more government, more spending on social welfare programs, more intrusions into people’s private lives, more legislated morality, more war on drugs, more war. No thank you. I may actually have to vote Dem this year... probably not, but I’m pretty underwhelmed by Jr.

To be honest, so am I. The tax cut was good. The dissolution of the IRS would be terrific. But I think we are seeing the pitfalls of a guy who is known for compromising and getting along. But voting Democrat??? How in the world would you ever hope that they’d reduce government??? Their middle name is “regulation”!

   What happened to the party of limited government, of states rights?

I’m with you!

So if I were you I would not be so smug.

I’m not smug! I still agree with Bush on social matters, but fiscally things could be a lot better! Fair Tax Fair Tax (I’m gradually becoming a 1 issue voter)

   Personally the thought of a President Kerry, having to get his programs through a reinvigorated House that remembers why the voters elected the GOP back to the House while defeating Jr. doesn’t scare me as much as the thought of a President Bush with a cowed House that thinks it’s beholden to Jr for being re-elected.

I can’t believe I just typed that, but there you are. It’s not nearly as good as a Libertarian regime would be, but I like it better when the country is gridlocked than when one of the current parties runs rampant. Or should I say roughshod?

Well, a gridlocked Congress equals compromise and that equals more spending. Damned if you vote Republican, and really damned if you vote Democrat. At least a reelected Bush can come out of the gates cutting and slashing with no reelection fears. Republicans should make sure of that!

JOHN