 Off-Topic / Debate / 23274
Re: To change the tune...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 01:24:22 GMT

   That’s just you propping up a straw man.

Oh come on, John. You HAVE to admit the administration has been backpedaling from their previous claims, even if Dave hasn’t provided specific cites from the various speeches. I mean, who has time?

The reason I asked is because I know for a fact that nobody ever claimed such. It was blown intelligence and everybody bought it (why wouldn’t they? SH, the complete idiot, wanted everyone to believe he had them. Bet he never thought we’d actually come after him! Strike two and you’re out!)

The Kerry camp should be pretty quiet-- he voted to go into Iraq, so even he must have bought it as well....

As far as the Bush administration goes; yeah, they have egg on their face, but so does everyone else. Most who opposed the war acknowledged that SH had WMDs but mostly believed that Bush wanted Iraqi oil and contracts for Halliburton. Nobody got this one right. The good news is that we have a splendid opportunity to assist a great nation become democratic and free. God knows what disasterous future we averted by deposing SH-- we can only confront evil when we see it and act accordingly. If nothing else, the example of SH is a beacon of warning to current tin-pot dictators around the world who respect nothing but power-- the stakes are high and we aren’t just whistlin’ Dixie...

JOHN