 Off-Topic / Debate / 23282
Re: To change the tune...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:05:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Time for true condemnation.  He either lied or blew it.  I really don't care
which at this point - I don't trust his judgment or his honesty.  The key is
"don't trust", for whatever reason.  Time for Dubya to take his lumps.

I care!

If he truly blew it, then he is merely unimaginably stupid.  (Why was it obvious
to lots of CIA analysts, reporters, and other nations around the world, and many
of us that this whole thing was rigged, but not to our president?)  And while he
should perhaps be removed from office,

Um, why isn't this an impeachable offense? (I admit it, my wife dinged me for
this... she pointed out that I was screaming for the head of Clinton because he
was an admitted perjurer (over something relatively unimportant, but the
principle of not lying under oath DOES matter) but I haven't been screaming for
the head of Bush very loudly, even though he has lied or distorted the truth
something fierce over something very very important)

I think you're just mellowing in your old age--we all get there :)

We also pick and choose our battles, but knowing that our friends will be there
when we feel like taking a break from the battles is a good thing.  I'm there
for ya, Larry.

the real fault is ours.  We elected
him...sort of.

If, on the other hand, he lied to us for the alarming purpose of filling the
coffers of the defense and infrastructure industry players who bought him his
job(s -- not just the current one), then he should be dragged into the street by
his hair...or tie if the hair won't work, and stoned to death by every true
American -- particularly the ones who no longer have daddies and husbands.

Or mommies. Don't forget that our armed forces are now a bit more equal
opportunity, not all casualties are male.

++Lar

Our sons and daughters, husbands and wives, mothers and fathers...  It's time to
re-evaluate the cost.  There is a time for a Just war.  This wasn't it.

Dave K