 Off-Topic / Debate / 23276
Re: To change the tune...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:41:18 GMT

http://www.canoe.ca/Columnists/margolis_feb1.html

I couldn't have said it better.

There is that old adage--let history be the judge.  I wonder, in 100 years what
will history think of Dubya?

Dave K

I think I already summed up this same position some time ago right here: either
Dubya lied, or he was incompetent.  Either way, he led the country into a
contrived war, spending billions of dollars, the lives of our troops, ruined our
country's crediblity, undermined the UN to no purpose.  Yes, he got rid of
Saddam, but at what cost?  In a democracy, how can we make good decisions when
the people presenting the evidence are liars or incompetents?  My own opinion
was that I didn't believe him, but I'll withhold true condemnation until he can
present his final evidence.

Time for true condemnation.  He either lied or blew it.  I really don't care
which at this point - I don't trust his judgment or his honesty.  The key is
"don't trust", for whatever reason.  Time for Dubya to take his lumps.

-->Bruce<--