 Off-Topic / Debate / 23292
23291  |  23293
Subject:
Hitler’s debt to America (Re: To change the tune...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:51:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
   I particularly liked “I am not comparing the U.S. to Nazi Germany.”

Talking of which....

Hitler’s debt to America: “One such agitator was a disgruntled corporal in the German army. In 1924, he was serving time in prison for mob action. While there, he spent his time poring over eugenic textbooks, which extensively quoted Davenport, Popenoe and other American ethnological stalwarts. And he closely followed the writings of Leon Whitney, president of the American Eugenics Society, and Madison Grant, who extolled the Nordic race and bemoaned its “corruption” by Jews, Negroes, Slavs and others who did not possess blond hair and blue eyes... he told a fellow Nazi, “.... I have studied with interest the laws of several American states concerning prevention of reproduction by people whose progeny would, in all probability, be of no value or be injurious to the racial stock.”

Scott A