 Off-Topic / Debate / 23267
Re: To change the tune...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:47:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
I particularly liked "I am not comparing the U.S. to Nazi Germany."

Chris

People seem to have to state that these days if they start talking about the US
administration leading the people down the primrose path, hyping up the 'terror
alerts'.  Funny how the comparison is, well, not an exact fit, as hardly any
comparison can be, to be sure, but there are similarities, as stated.  And
again, "Don't go saying that!  You're wrong!", just like when people said there
wasn't WoMD and that Iraq posed no tangible threat--"You're wrong--he has WoMD
and we know where they are!  There's a clear and imminent danger!!"  Well, no,
no there wasn't a 'clear and present danger' at all.

But that's just me.  Note that that little quote came at the end of the article
as well, it wasn't as if he was basing his entire arguement on that particular
idea.

Again, I wonder how history will see Dubya in a hundred years.

Dave K