 Off-Topic / Debate / 23061
Re: Dirty Harry is a Libertarian (was: While You Were Out)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:04:02 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Ross Crawford wrote:

Clint Eastwood for president!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

He was mayor of Carmel CA (I think it was Carmel, I know it was somewhere in CA), so he has a little experience. Also he’s made vaguely libertarian noises in the past which is a plus. So he’s got my vote! (out of the candidates already running plus him, that is, I reserve the right to vote for someone else in the general)

However I think he’s been asked to run for something bigger before and demurred, saying he did his bit and that was it.

It’s all there at the LP site.

He explains the philosophy in simple terms: “Everyone leaves everyone else alone.”

And: “At Waco, was there really an urgency to get those people out of the compound at that particular time? Was the press going to make it look heroic for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms? At Ruby Ridge, there was one guy in a cabin at the top of the mountain. Was it necessary for federal agents to go up there and shoot a 14-year-old in the back and shoot a woman with a child in her arms? What kind of mentality does that?”

ROSCO