 Off-Topic / Debate / 23060
Re: Democracy.... Dubya Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:40:11 GMT

much snippage

the next one is facile... the cited material is not much more than
satire or ridicule, broadly drawn,

I should note that there is good info elsewhere in that site, many of the
arguments that Hubin makes against Libertarianism (in the guise of making
arguments against the arguments advanced by libertarian macho flashers, there is
a difference and it's one that Hubin notes) are valid ones that deserve careful
thought and cogent answers. It's just that that section, and the text Scott
chose out of that section in particular, are not really good cite material in my
view. He would have done better to cite from elsewhere in the site.

sit back and give 'im enuf rope then?

Ya, and hope for more posts like this one:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=23055

It's a good, interesting, and relevant cite of an article that provides more
info on the original topic. The post itself doesn't make any particular point,
but it's a helpful positive post nevertheless.

I'm not sure if I found it useful because it's a relatively non controversial
topic (the topic is small in scope and I suspect there is no one here that
thinks MS Powerpoint DOESN'T rot the brain if used injudiciously (1)) or because
it's in response to a topic I started or what.

1 - separating out the larger topic of did MS invent PP because it wants to take
over the world and rotten brains are easier to coerce, or because they are just
supplying what people want, or because they didn't know better, or whatever...
certainly an interesting question but not on topic for "does PP rot your brain
or not"...

++Lar