 Off-Topic / Debate / 22982
Re: Democracy.... Dubya Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:58:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3305557.stm Taiwan defends
China referendum>

It appears Bush is trying to suppress a Taiwanese referendum to please his
new friends in China.... perhaps the Taiwanese should only be allowed
Chinese style democracy?

Now I don't normally like to post here in debate, but the local story
about the 10 year old boy mauled to death by a tiger was giving me
nightmares last night.  As dreams would go, this debate item somehow
entered the picture.  It occured to me that if it were my son taunting
the tiger, I think I'd tell him to stop.

Wow! I'm no expert, but you appear to be seeing Bush as a father figure. Dreams
can be really weird at times!

Scott A

Well, hopefully now I can sleep again.  Writing things down usually
helps when I dream about tricky math problems or software algorithms
so my work is done here.  Thanks for listening.

Don