 Off-Topic / Debate / 23025
Re: Democracy.... Dubya Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:09:41 GMT

   Yes Scott has this thing about Israel and the US. Does that negate his points that there’s a little hypocrisy goin’ on right now?

FINE!!! I admit it (again)-- the US and Israel aren’t perfect!!! I am so tired of the comparisons to perfection! It’s stupid to discuss!

   If the counter arguement to this debate is ‘ride ride ride’, I fail to see how that refutes Scotts points on this particular issue.

It’s not a refutation, but a mock! I’m tired of his stupid ideas on these topics and I will resort to mocking him when he brings them up rather than bang my head on the wall arguing with him about them. If he wants to troll them out, fine. I will unleash sarcasm mode.

You may be tired of his “stupid ideas” but you want the conversation ‘cause you’re still here.

My presence in this NG hangs by a thread as The Fates saw away. If not for the participation of a select few I’d be long gone.

   Resort to mocking or call it what you will, you want the conversation, yet you don’t want to show how his points are wrong.

To what end? Convincing him otherwise? Please. I’ve been down that road before and it is a fate of frustration. No thanks. Further, it is never my intention to argue with the intent to change opinion, but to clarify positions. I have heard all of his reasons for believing as he does; I understand them and I reject them. Done. Nothing I say or do here will ever change his position, and it is folly to believe that it is even possible.

   I love sarcasm, and have appreciated that from you as well as most others in this group, and it has its place in the discussion. However, with sarcasm must come, at some point, a point (hopefully with cites) that is intended to refute. Sarcasm on its own does not refute ideas, nor advance the actual discussion.

Look. SA’s “US and Israel are human-rights-abusing-corrupt-states” argument is a beaten, dead horse. It’s passed on! This argument is no more! It has ceased to be! It’s expired and gone to meet its maker! It’s a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! It’s pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now ‘istory! It’s off the twig! It’s kicked the bucket, it’s shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-ARGUMENT!!

He is entitled to his stupid, ignorant opinion. It just gets old when he feels the need to interject it every chance he gets. We got it, Scott. I will not debate it. Not because I concede that it is true, but that it is so painfully obviously not true that anyone who can’t see it won’t be swayed by such trivialities as logic and reason. We can simply agree to disagree here, so there appears no reason to bring it up any more (except in the case to troll, in which case I’ll react accordingly)

JOHN