 MediaWatch / 1308
Re: While You Were Out on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:06:25 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Michael Harrod wrote:
As some others have commented here and on the TLC
message board, it seems the decorator and the host of the show weren't really in
tune with the whole lego thing, while the carpenter and the other girl (the one
who dropped the bookshelf) seemed to have a greater appreciation of the effort
involved in building with lego.

There are two carpenters on that show, one of whom is female.  There is no
"other girl."  I think that the host and decorator handled it pretty well, since
it was clear this was probably the first time either of them had met an AFOL.
Besides, let's face it: even among AFOLs, Beth is pretty extreme in her LEGO
hobby.  Most of us don't furnish our homes with the brick!

It was a very interesting program, and I am truly jealous of Beth's collection.

And I loved that grandfather clock!

--Bill.