 MediaWatch / 1306
Re: While You Were Out on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:35:28 GMT

I would like to say a few words about a couple of things in this thread.

I think the push to not use the word "LEGOS" comes directly from old catalogs
from the 1970s and 80s.  They use to have a paragraph at the end of the last
page from Susan Williams asking LEGO users not to use the word "LEGOS" and to
use "LEGO bricks" or some other saying instead.  This may explain why all of
us older users, devoted fans (fanatics), of LEGO cringe when we here people say
this.

I saw the show and was amazed at the vastnest of Beth's collection.  At one
point during the show when they were in the garage I saw a stack of 3033 tubs
empty, nested, and stacked to the cieling! this explains a lot!

I hope that Beth will go on line (she is a member) and say a few words about
her LEGO hobby (lifestyle?)

Daniel