 MediaWatch / 1295
Re: While You Were Out on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:52:25 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Adrian Drake wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Michael Harrod wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, James Rivenbark wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Calum Tsang wrote:

Here's an article about this person, I've never heard of her before.

Well, she's member 1969.  Maybe she's the quite type (who doesn't mind being on
national TV), and needs some encouragement to post her creations (at least the
ones that weren't dropped).  We'll get to see them friday night anyway.

Thug

My question now, after having seen this travesty, is, "Ok, what is she doing
with the LEGO now?" The participants alternately referred to the product as
'legos' and 'lego', but now, it seems after basically trashing the LEGO (it
mostly wound up in the garage, where several of her creations appeared to have
come apart), one has to wonder where she goes from her, considering the obvious
NLSO status of her husband and apparently NL children. Credit should be given,
though, for the end result of the room is not completely LEGO-less; she (Beth)
constructed an end table out of way more blue brick than I believe any of us
wants to admit we own.

It seems her new LEGO room is now her garage.

Mike

No, her lego room was clearly shown to be in the basement.  That living room
wasn't a build room, it was a display room.  Big difference.  She does all her
building in the basement where she had all of her basic brick storage tubs, I
suspect.  Fear not for her, she won't be banished to the cold, cold garage.

Adrian

No, just to the cold, cold basement.  8--)

It seems odder that the first thing the husband asked upon his return was 'what
happened to the big lego head?' I found this rather funny, but maybe he liked it
most because it was all one piece, and therefore wasn't as 'breakable' as the
models built of regular size little bricks are. I dare say there'd be few of us
in the AFOL community who would invite this kind of decimation of our
collections into our homes. As some others have commented here and on the TLC
message board, it seems the decorator and the host of the show weren't really in
tune with the whole lego thing, while the carpenter and the other girl (the one
who dropped the bookshelf) seemed to have a greater appreciation of the effort
involved in building with lego.