 MediaWatch / 1290
Re: While You Were Out on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:51:12 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Scott Lyttle wrote:

Here's an article about this person, I've never heard of her before.

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:xbqc60neM90J:www.suntimes.com/output/hlife/hos-news-lego30.html

LEGOS?   To quote Christina Hitchcock at BF 2003... "who just cringed when he said LEGOS?"

My wife and I watched the show last night.  Everytime someone said "LEGOs" my
wife just about chucked the remote at the TV.  It's not even something that I've
discussed with her, but it just really bothered her to hear people say that.

Then, we had a collective 'cringe' when Beth used her teeth to separate a couple
of bricks.  Yikes!  I didn't know that they could show violent images like that
on television.  ;)

In all honesty though, I thought she was pretty brave to let them into her house
like that.  For whatever reason the 'While You Were Out' crew seemed to be
acting rather childish on this episode.  They seemed to have very little regard
for how much time and effort went into those LEGO models.  I've seen them be
silly before, but usually not at the expense of respecting the home owner.

Regards,
Allan B.