 MediaWatch / 1293
Re: While You Were Out on TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:38:29 GMT

Snippage...

What I saw of the episode was that she was very nervous about the whole thing.
Obviously she thought that the Lego creations were a little overwhelming for her
husband, so she wanted to do a non-Lego room for him. Fair enough I say.
As a fan of Trading Spaces and sometimes While You Were Out, I was a little
shocked by the attitude of some of the cast members from the show. If she
collected Hummel figurines, I bet they wouldn't blink, but she was an AFOL and I
don't think they fully understood that.
Leslie, the female carpenter who unfortunatly dropped a large lego cabinet,
seemed absolutly mortified by her accident. I think she really understood the
effort put into those creations.
What inpressed me most was Beths work. My pithy collection doesn't give me the
benefit of making an entertainment center out of Lego so that was really
impressive, but the wall treatments with the slope bricks was put genious. I
don't care what those people on that show thought, that is brilliant, and I'm
off the Brick Link to buy my door surround now!

Greg