 MediaWatch / 1309
1308  |  1310
Subject:
New York Times on Walmart Pricing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:14:45 GMT

Today's (23 December 2003) New York Times has an interesting article on
Walmart's effect on the toy market -- pushing toy-specific retailers to the
brink.  General thrust is that Walmart and sometimes Target are selling numerous
toy items below their cost, hoping to make up the difference in sales of other
items.  This is driving Toys-R-Us, KB Toys, and other toy retailers to the wall.

Several specific mentions of LEGO items.

http://www.nytimes.com/

Read it now before it goes into the subscription-only archive.
(You'll have to slog through the free registration thing, if you haven't
already).